We are Neet and Wendy and we would like to welcome you to our fortnightly challenge, ‘Artful Times’, where we are offering a variety of challenges to inspire you to create in whichever style or medium of crafting you enjoy. You never know, we might even inspire you to create something out of your comfort zone and try out something new.

Yes like all challenge sites we have rules and guidelines. We hope you will read and follow them, we have Oyster Stamps as our sponsor, and of course, a winner and runner up will be chosen each month. We may also have the occasional guest designer.



Friday 15 March 2013

Challenge 25 is ... Alcohol Inking

Think I have been having a bit of a technique moment here.  A month ago when it was my choice I chose "colour technique" and now here I am asking you to use your alcohol inks.  Another technique based challenge.

I think we all know how to use them and we probably use them on different "slick" surfaces at various times.  I know I have lots of tins that I have used the inks for as it adds more interest to a plain silver or white tin.

Then there are the various bottles I have coloured in too.  And that is without thinking about the drawer full of glossy card that I love using to make atc's out of, or toppers for celebration cards.  Wonder what you will make?

Here are two things that we made.  The first is from

Von


and here is mine (Neet)


Please please please can I ask that you stick to the rules so that you can be in line to win a prize.  When Sam was a member of our team she went to a great deal of trouble to make sure that we covered everything we wanted and there are rules you can just click onto at the top of the page.  Don't let all her hard work go to waste.

8 comments:

Sandra's Spot said...

Fabulous inspirational makes ladies. I shall have to reach for my TH book as I can't remember when I last used AIs. Hugs Sandra X

Craftychris said...

ooh I am looking forward to this one, it will give me a push to use my neglected alcohol inks! xx

Jennie Atkinson said...

Great inspirational pieces Neet and Von. Yes, mine are very neglected and just used to re-colour thickers! Great challenge x

chrissie said...

Excellent samples from you both and a great idea for a challenge.

Love Chrissie xx

Heathers Inspiration said...

Love what you both made, so Inspiring :) Thinking cap on x

Rosie said...

Thank you for this wonderful examples and the nice challenge.

Have a lovely weekend

Words and Pictures said...

What a great challenge - and fabulous inspiration, thank you!
Alison x

Julia S-W said...

Wow Girls, these are wonderful pieces. Just made a piece with alcohol inks but think I'll try to think up a fresh for you.
Juliax